Our client is a prestigious Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering design consultancy providing a broad portfolio of services for advanced and specialised vessels, from initial concept through to detailed design and production. They are now recruiting for a Technical Project Manager for their Southampton office.
- Managing and maintaining oversight of technical requirements and deliverables for complex design and consultancy projects as assigned.
- Providing both guidance and a skilled contribution to a yacht project or to general engineering activities.
- Undertaking a wide range of planning and checking functions for engineering design and drawing work carried out by other engineers within the company ensuring suitable quality and schedule of delivery.
- Developing new ideas, designs and ways of working as part of the company's ongoing investment in R&D and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverable deadlines.
- Be technically aware and proficient in providing, or to seek from qualified colleagues accurate feedback to the project team, or directly for client teams on related project matters.
- Personal time planning, including feedback to support in the definition of resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail, measured against the contracted deliverables and tracked against the agreed budget.
- Ability to manage technical aspects of design change and risk management in collaboration with Principal PM.
- Proven communication skills, with extensive experience of liaison and reporting.
- Ability to brief and supervise team members to ensure efficient and accurate flow of information.
- Capable of articulating and explaining the design process and decisions in front of Clients.
- Proven leadership experience and technical supervision skills, working with individuals and extended teams.
- Proven project management skills, working within project teams and across multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Experience of working within a ship design office or shipyard is an advantage.
- Detailed understanding of LY3/PYC, LR Ship Rules and SSC is an advantage.
- Experienced skill level in 2D CAD (AutoCAD). Familiarity with other 2D/3D CAD software is an advantage.
- Experienced skill level in MS Office to develop reports, spreadsheet data and presentation information.
- Experience of specialist vessels, including small craft and luxury yachts, will also be relevant to the role.
- Team motivation and time management to meet agreed targets and deliverables deadlines.
- Team time planning, including support to define resource requirements, time budgets and deliverables deadlines.
To apply and find out more, please send your updated CV to email@example.com