Faststream is working with a shipping company that manages a modern fleet of chemical/product tankers worldwide.
They are looking to reinforce the technical team as soon as possible.
The scope of the role includes:
- Preparation of enquiries and offers as well as procurement via purchasing software ensuring the timely and economical supply of spare parts and consumer goods
- Monitoring of ship schedules and coordination relating to agents for timely delivery of orders
- Tracking order confirmations
- Holding vendors accountable for promised delivery dates
- Execution of invoice matching, clarification of deviations and processing of complaints in case of defective, incomplete or missing parts for rapid payment processing
- Contact for assigned ships of the fleet
- Support in the preparation of planning invoices
The right profile:
- A few years of professional experience as a buyer in a shipping company
Someone with a real hunger for ensuring the economical impact of the purchasing team is felt on the bottom line
- Experience with the specific requirements pertaining to the worldwide tanker market
- Knowledge of Marine Technology
- Organisational skills
- Negotiating skill
- Service-oriented attitude
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and the ability to further your career, as they regularly promote within.
You must have the existing right to live and work in the EU to be eligible for this vacancy.
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
To apply and find out more, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org