- Travel worldwide to develop leads, client referrals, and establish contacts in the luxury
yacht, military vessel, and commercial venture exploration vessel markets for sale of
- Respond to sales inquiries, quote prices, prepare drawings, and prepare internal and
external sales contracts that meet specific customer needs.
- Develop, deliver, and demonstrate product presentations, explain product features,
and solicit orders to potential customers.
- Coordinate with various sales agents to introduce our products into the country, the
shipyard/marina, and with the customer.
- Develop, implement, and monitor sales strategies to maintain and attract future
- Keep well informed on current products and future products in development
including all features and benefits.
- Keep well informed on market changes and trends to ensure we capture new sales.
- Keep abreast on government regulations which affect the product and industry.
- Maintain a detailed database of proposals and current and past sales.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure projects are costed, priced, and delivered
to the required quality.
- Constantly coordinate and communicate with various departments to ensure each
prospect and sale is executed as designed.
- Communicate information gathered from customer communications and site visits to
management and appropriate department managers.
- Build long-term relationships with current customers to foster continued and
- Serve as the main point of contact for customer complaints and claims. With
management approval, implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Represent and speak on behalf of the organization in interviews, conferences, etc.
- Continuously enhance market knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and
participating in professional organizations.
- Develop incentives, client appreciation initiatives, and event giveaways.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma, GED are required.
- 10+ years of experience within the military sales industry is required.
- Marine sales industry experience is preferred.
- Technical and mechanical aptitude is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Verifiable track record of successful sales.
- Highly organized with good time management and planning skills.
- Meticulous professional with high attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet tight deadlines.
- Polished and professional written and verbal communication skills with the confident
ability to negotiate on behalf of the company.
- Well-developed social perceptiveness.
- Build trust, communicate effectively, foster innovation, focus on the customer and
solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Positive, inquisitive, proactive, and collaborative attitude with the ability to work well
with all Company employees, customers, suppliers, and the general public.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet the Company core
- Extensive domestic and international travel.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.