Our client is an international ship owner. In view of expansion, they are looking for qualified candidates to join them as Technical Superintendents.
In this position, you will be involved in:
- Managing regular reports from vessels assigned to him/her and file them in a structured approach
- Review and follow up on routine reports from the vessel
- Carry out regular data analysis of costs, PMS and other KPI factors in order to ascertain the health of the ship as far ship management is concerned
- Maintain structure and quality of data fed into Ship manager system by the crew onboard the vessels (GL system)
- Formulating a dynamic work plan and action list with the vessel's command, to ensure that the vessel is maintained in accordance with the Owner's policy and to receive regular reports as to its progress
- Visiting the vessels as and when required and reporting on general condition, repairs and maintenance, crew performance, safety, environmental protection, and any actions required. Discussing with Ship's Command the work plan, running costs, spares and stores and other issues of concern and reporting on same.
- Prepare technical specs for dockings etc.
- Pre-purchase inspections in Asia region
- Assist in carrying out technical analysis for new purchases
- Undertake any other Technical related assignments as and when required assigned by Fleet Group Manager/Fleet director
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Min 3 years of experience as a Technical superintendent with dry docking experience or new building in the shipping industry
- Prior experience as chief or second engineer sailing experience preferably on container vessels. Otherwise, sailing experience on cargo ships (container/bulk carrier/tanker) is required.
- Prior experience in technical management will be an advantage
- Candidate should have good knowledge of PMS and SMS system
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.