This role shall report to the Regional Technical Manager, Southeast Asia. He/She will carry out technical oversight and supervision of allocated vessels as instructed by the Regional Technical Manager to ensure the technical standards of operations, maintenance and repair are complied with to satisfy company standards, policies, classification and statutory rules and regulations.
- The Technical Superintendent (TS) will be responsible to monitor and oversee the technical status of all designated vessels.
- The TS shall liaise with the vessels Master and Chief Engineer to Plan and implement repairs and maintenance in accordance with company policy, PMS, Class & Statutory regulations in the safest and most cost-effective manner. This will include liaising with master’s and Chief Engineers to mitigate any technical issues which may affect vessel operations/performance and provide technical expertise, guidance and assistance as required to troubleshoot and solve vessels technical issues in the best interest and cost to the Company to ensure ongoing technical reliability to the highest standard.
- The TS shall coordinate with the designated vessels, Class surveyors & 3rd party auditors to arrange statutory & class surveys and annual DP trials to be carried out before expiry of the vessel’s certification.
- The TS shall be responsible in conjunction with the Master and Chief Engineer for controlling the vessels technical budget and associated costs to ensure the highest technical reliability.
- The TS will maintain the required work processes in the vessel management software and the PMS for the vessels under their control.
- The TS shall carry out routine vessel inspections and technical auditing on a periodic basis and/or as directed by the Regional Technical Manager.
- The TS shall participate in accident investigations when technical expertise and input is found to be necessary, and processing of AIR’s as required.
- The TS shall liaise with the Fleet Technical Managers (Operations; Drydocks, Repairs & Conversions; Research& Systems) on important technical issues related to the vessels under their control including preparing worklist for and monitoring scheduled dry-docking’s and engine overhauls being executed by the HO Projects dept with a view to taking the vessel back into operations upon completion of the project.
- The TS shall be required to carry out performance evaluations of the engineering staff deployed to the vessels under their control and report accordingly through the PEV system in a timely manner.
- Assistance with the generating of annual technical budgets will be given to the Regional Technical Manager as required. The TS will further be required to observe areas where cost and wastage can be minimised and advise the Regional Technical Manager accordingly.
- The TS shall collaborate with the Outport Operations & Marketing depts. to ensure optimum vessel operations during the course of a charter.
- When repairs and/or maintenance, outside of periodic dockings, is required to be carried out by an external vendor the TS shall be responsible to carry out negotiations with shipyards and contractors to achieve a satisfactory and fair financial outcome in the best interest of the business.
- The TS shall under the direction from the ROTM when an H&M insurance claim is lodged, proactively gather the required information and submit to the ROTM to ensure a timely close out of H&M claims made for the vessels under their control.
Marine Engineer class 1 or 2 CoC ( Motor) with a minimum of 5 years seagoing experience serving as at least 2nd Engineer on Offshore support vessels.