Our client who have a unique home working structure are actively seeking a Technical Superintendent to join their team.
As Superintendent, you will be required to work from home and are supported by a technical office based team. Extensive travel will be required to visit ships where you will be required to work closely with the ships staff.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation of the fleet's on-going maintenance programme and technical reliability, ensuring that ships allocated are kept in good operational condition.
- Ensuring the ships are maintained to international regulations and Company procedures;
- Ensuring that statutory and classification surveys for all plant and equipment on board are carried out,
- Carrying out regular checks of the ships' class status;
- Monitor performance of ships' staff, appraise Masters and Chief Engineers as required, providing feedback to Personnel Department and the Fleet Manager;
- Together with the Fleet Manager, prepares dry-docking specifications, evaluating tender documents and attend the ship during the dry dock or repair periods; reporting daily and, upon completion, finalising costs and reports;
- Summarising and supervise guarantee claims for any new buildings;
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Hold a Class one unlimited CoC (Preferred)
- Experience sailing in a senior engineering rank on dry ships (General Cargo, Bulk, Container etc)
- Previous experience as Technical Superintendent
- The ability to work on your own and unsupervised
- Must have the ability to be able to travel at short notice
- You must be living in the UK