Our client is a European headquartered entity looking for a team-focused individual to join their growing team in Singapore as a Technical Superintendent.
For your assigned fleet of vessels (dry bulk / container), you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the vessels are maintained and operated safely, efficiently and economically, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the highest standards are achieved through regular inspection, supervision and maintenance
- Responsible for overseeing responsible procurement of supplies and spare parts, as well as prompt and efficient logistic arrangement
- Preparation and supervision of dry-dockings / maintenance / repair work,
- Ensuring vessels’ expenses are kept within budget
- Maintaining close contact with Senior Officers on board as well as Technical team in HQ-Europe
- Any other duties assigned accordingly
To be qualified for the role, you should ideally have sailed on-board dry bulk / container vessels ideally as Chief Engineer, if not 2nd Engineer. You must have at least 5 years of shore-based experience working as technical superintendent in a ship management set-up.
To be suitable for this role, you must be comfortable working in a small team, and have an adaptable attitude to handle different duties as and when assigned.