Our client, an established shipmanager are looking for a Technical Superintendent to help manage their container fleet from their Singapore office. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an international team.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the technical management of your assigned vessels, a such, your remit will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Monitoring technical and operational condition/performance of the vessels
- Providing support to the shipboard management in respect of technical and operational matters
- Ensuring prudent and financial management
- Arranging for repairs and dry dockings
- Ensuring vessels are fully certified according to international standards and requirements
- Promoting and developing a strong safety culture, environmental, energy efficiency awareness on board ships assigned
- Providing ongoing support and development of shipboard personnel
To be considered, the following must be applicable: you must have a marine degree from a university with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience on board ships or in the shipping industry or hold a Chief Engineer's license with a minimum of two (2) years' sea service as a Chief Engineer or have been in a position of Technical Superintendent for a minimum of three (3) years. Strong communication skills and teamworking ability is a must.
Only candidates with Singapore working entitlement will be considered.