This position is responsible for safe and profitable operations of the LNG or other tanker fleet vessels assigned to you, leading and engaging senior ship staff, working collaboratively with other departments and divisions to ensure optimal fleet operations while upholding and driving values, brand, procedures and practices.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Ensures vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner, in compliance with Class and Statutory and Safety Management system requirements
- Sets clear goals and expectations, proactively putting in place performance outcomes, values and procedures for sea staff compliance
- Provides coaching and develops Masters and Chief Engineers
- Provides day to day technical and operational support and guidance to assigned vessels
- Monitors vessel performance and ensures effective follow-up actions
- Manages vessel budgets and operating expenditure
- Plans, monitors and manages dry dockings and major repairs
- Carries out regular vessel visits to confirm condition and compliance with company standards
Competencies & Qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ sailing experience as Chief Engineer on LNG/Ethylene carriers with 2 years’ experience as Superintendent of LNG/Ethylene carriers.
- Or post-graduate Degree (MEng or MSc) or equivalent qualification in Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline BUT with 5 years’ experience as Superintendent of LNG/Ethylene Carriers.
- Effective communicator with a good command of English.
- MUST possess the immediate right to live and work in Germany.
- Be ready for frequent travel globally.