A long-established and highly regarded family-owned international shipping company is looking for an experienced Technical Superintendent to join their newly-established team in Cyprus to manage an assigned number of dry bulk vessels trading worldwide. They have a quality fleet that is young and predominantly Japanese-built.
- Assume full responsibility of assigned dry bulk vessels including technical matters, planned maintenance, repairs, inspections, surveys, approval of senior vessel staff and vessel purchase orders.
- Serve as a team player and be able to step in and provide additional support when other Technical Superintendents are traveling.
- Author technical reports as required.
- Chief Engineer’s Certificate of Competency/License and sailing time as a chief engineer is essential.
- Experience with Electronic Engines is essential! (RT-Flex, ME, etc)
- Previous work experience with dry bulk vessels as a Technical Superintendent is also a minimum requirement.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- English is the company language and a good standard is required for this position
- Flexibility to travel.
- Work authorisation for the EU.