Our client has a growing fleet of dry bulk carriers, they are seeking a Technical Superintendent to join their team in Singapore.
As owners' representative you will oversee third party managed vessel operations under the guidance of the General Manager.
Your remit will include, but is not limited to the following duties:
- Plan control and execute all activities connected with maintenance, repairs, dry-docking, conversion or modification of vessels in coordination with third party managers.
- Formulate a dynamic work plan and action list with the managers to ensure ships are maintained in good condition.
- Monitor vessel performance trends including speed, fuel and lubricating oil consumption, and implement timely remedial actions where these are outside agreed or expected parameters.
- Attend vessel dockings as Owners' representative.
- Review monthly submitted technical and financial reports.
- Yearly budget negotiations.
- Monitor KPIs and report to management.
- Review and approve top four crew members.
- To review and place PO for fleet purchase items for the vessel in consultation with managers.
In order to be suited for this role, you must have sailed as a Chief Engineer for at least two years and have at least one year of relevant shore-based experience as a Technical Superintendent handling a modern fleet of dry bulk vessels.
This role is only opened to candidates residing in Singapore only.