- Manage a multi discipline project engineering team located at the PMT site and, post-FEED, at the contractor main engineering site
- Identify applicable requirements and best practices for topsides facilities and marine engineering
- Support contractor engineering efforts by providing guidance and direction in support of regulatory and project requirements
- Assure that FPSO contractors are compliant with the regulatory, project engineering design and engineering quality requirements embedded in the contract
- Mange professional development of project engineering staff
- Work with FPSO site leads to ensure delivery of contractor FPSO FEED proposals meeting company expectations for scope and quality
- Work with FPSO site leads to ensure that the FPSO FEED competition is conducted without bias or favouritism
- Provide safety and quality leadership for both the Company and Contractor project teams, and be a visible role model for the Company safety culture.
- Develop and implement engineering quality management programs to ensure FPSO project team and contractor adherence to regulatory and contractual requirements, application of standards & industry best practice and utilization of lessons learned
- Lead the technical evaluation of contractor FEED proposals
- Support the corporate AFE gate assurance process as it relates to engineering and engineering management deliverables and activities.
- Work with the corporate TMT, local HR departments and contingent resource suppliers to develop and deploy the execute phase engineering team(s)
- Maintain regular contact with FEED site team leads to ensure PMT visibility of Contractor engineering activities
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP, Engineering Design, Constructability, PFD, P&ID, risk and 3D Model Reviews
- Ensure rapid response to technical queries, technical deviations requests and contractor change requests.
- Provide engineering resources to witness and verify Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, as required
- Participate in prequalification surveys, technical evaluation and audit of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Obtain assistance from corporate engineering resources from Houston based central functions and global corporate resources as required.
- Provide regular updates to project management
- Participate in project audits as requested by project management
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology or a related technical field, naval architecture, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering or engineering management on major upstream facilities or capital projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel to support project needs