Direct Search Global is the appointed specialist recruitment agency by our client, a Vessel owner and operator in Malaysia. We are looking for a Topside Engineering Manager (FPSO) to join the client's office in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. The individual should have at least 15 years of relevant experience in engineering or engineering management in FPSO/FLNG projects
- Manage a multi discipline project engineering team located at the PMT site and, post-FEED, at the contractor main engineering site
- Identify applicable requirements and best practices for topsides facilities and marine engineering
- Support contractor engineering efforts by providing guidance and direction in support of regulatory and project requirements
- Assure that FPSO contractors are compliant with the regulatory, project engineering design and engineering quality requirements embedded in the contract
- Mange professional development of project engineering staff
- Work with FPSO site leads to ensure delivery of contractor FPSO FEED proposals meeting company expectations for scope and quality
- Work with FPSO site leads to ensure that the FPSO FEED competition is conducted without bias or favouritism
- Provide safety and quality leadership for both the Company and Contractor project teams, and be a visible role model for the Company safety culture.
- Develop and implement engineering quality management programs to ensure FPSO project team and contractor adherence to regulatory and contractual requirements, application of standards & industry best practice and utilization of lessons learned
- Lead the technical evaluation of contractor FEED proposals
- Support the corporate AFE gate assurance process as it relates to engineering and engineering management deliverables and activities.
- Work with the corporate TMT, local HR departments and contingent resource suppliers to develop and deploy the execute phase engineering team(s)
- Maintain regular contact with FEED site team leads to ensure PMT visibility of Contractor engineering activities
- Participate in HAZID, HAZOP, Engineering Design, Constructability, PFD, P&ID, risk and 3D Model Reviews
- Ensure rapid response to technical queries, technical deviations requests and contractor change requests.
- Provide engineering resources to witness and verify Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, as required
- Participate in prequalification surveys, technical evaluation and audit of contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Obtain assistance from corporate engineering resources from Houston based central functions and global corporate resources as required.
- Provide regular updates to project management
- Participate in project audits as requested by project management
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology or a related technical field, naval architecture, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in engineering or engineering management on major upstream facilities or capital projects
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel to support project needs
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to take your career to the next step then please apply via the website or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org