Our client, a globally established commodity trading firm is on the lookout for an astute candidate who is entrepreneurial with strong commercial acumen to grow their trading department and execute full cycle trading activities.
Key Job Functions
- Day to day managing and functioning of the trading activities such as servicing of existing clients as well as growing new accounts in the assigned verticals.
- Good knowledge in handling major steel or scrap trading contracts, invoices, and payments as well as an ability to manage suppliers’ requests on time.
- Oversee and plan the smooth operation of the logistical activities.
- Provide best in class after sales support to existing clients to continuously nurture the trade relationships.
- Manage clients’ orders and carry out risk assessment activities in accordance with the internal trading policies.
- Ability to travel overseas with minimal visa requirements and short notice to meet clients across APAC.
- Manage all the export/import documentations and well versed with UCP/ISBP rules.
Skills and Capabilities
- Academic qualification in Shipping/Logistics or Maritime studies (Degree/Diploma)
- Highly skilled in effective time management to deal with tight deadlines.
- Ability to speak in Japanese would be preferred in order to liaise with Japanese counterparts
- Ability to adapt to the competitive environment with strong interpersonal skills and good attitude.