Our client, a commodity trading company, is currently looking for a Trade Finance Documentation and Operations officer to be based in their Singapore office.
- Liaison with banks, traders, suppliers, and buyers
- Fully in charge of Supply Chain & Trade Finance Operations / Import & Export Documents (LC documentation)
- Liaison with everyone in the supply chain and all other pre/post shipment operations
- Full understanding of GT&Cs, Chemical/Bulk Charter Parties
- Management of cargo & shipping issues
- Timely review and submission of demurrage claims
- Follow up on each cargo shipment – help manage and mitigate cargo and shipping operating risk.
- Anticipate issues and proactively take actions to ensure smooth delivery and to support emergency role.
- Ensuring of LCs are timely issued and received.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties.
- Bachelors’ degree/Diploma in Marine/Trade Finance/Shipping Operations
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience within petrochemicals/oil related operations.
- Good foundation in trading contracts, LCs, shipping documentations, trade finance, demurrages, bulk trading terminology, incoterms.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office e.g., MS Excel
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Mandarin (Liaison with Mandarin speaking counterparts)
- Candidate to possess existing work rights in Singapore due to travel restrictions.