Do you have extensive risk management related experience within Marine Cargo & Logistics insurance? Or technical loss control within the logistics sector? Or are you a Deck or Engineer Officer at sea interested in making the change into a corporate role?
Transportation Risk Management is an integral part of the Chubb Marine proposition, assisting in the underwriting process by assessing risks on both an individual client and portfolio level basis to support Clients, Brokers, Underwriters and Claims staff to reduce losses.
You will be a centre of logistics based technical excellence, providing expert information on areas such as the packing and shipping of goods, logistics chains, warehousing, cargo security, the latest political and transportation situations within countries where goods are insured, and on the characteristics of many differing manufactured products and commodities.
You will be required to travel both within the UK and overseas.
Use of your technical knowledge will be required to assist with training, producing articles for marketing purposes, participating in industry bodies/committees and also representing Chubb at conferences as both delegate and speaker.
You will have responsibility for undertaking field surveys and consultations with customers, therefore requiring excellent customer interaction skills, ability to build positive relationships, often at a senior level.
Reporting into the Senior Transportation Risk Manager, you will get on the job training & be an integral part of the long term development of the transportation risk management function.
- Providing support across Chubb’s Marine client base, including Multinational clients, but with particular focus on the delivery of effective and appropriate Cargo Risk Management to Middle Market and SME sectors.
- Risk management support to include: transit security systems, supply chain, packing, warehousing, high value cargoes (fashion, electronics, tobacco etc.), heavy lifts, cold chain, pharmaceuticals, large loss scenario planning, complex claims investigations, development of Standards Operating Procedures and vessel approvals.
- Assisting with the management of survey programmes on Project Cargo and DSU Policies, including the coordination of survey activity, payment of contractors and collection of appropriate fees.
- Completing technical survey reports, to include risk opinions and risk improvement actions.
- Assisting in co-ordination of Risk Management work within UK for non Chubb UK&I offices (i.e. USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific).
- Researching commodity and shipping information and developments, and distribute information papers to Clients, Brokers, Underwriters and Claims Adjusters.
- Analysing claims data to assist in Marine portfolio management.
- Represent Chubb as a speaker and participant at industry conferences e.g. TAPA. Assist in the production of marketing materials to include technical articles.
- Delivering risk management training to Underwriters, Claims Staff, Brokers and Clients.
- Assisting the Senior Transportation Risk Manager with the delivery of the long term Chubb team strategy.
- Updating and handling internal information distribution and repository systems.
- Participating in all relevant internal underwriting and claims meetings.
- Handling the risk improvement recording and follow up process for Chubb TRM.
Skills & Experience required:
- Extensive risk management related experience within Marine Cargo & Logistics insurance and/or technical loss control within the logistics sector and/or as a Deck or Engineer Officer at sea.
- Such experience will be from within larger organisations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Qualification can be any of the following:
- Qualification as either Deck or Engineer officer at sea
- Relevant professional qualification from Logistics, Freight Forwarding or Road Haulage Industry
- Qualified Marine Surveyor or Loss Adjuster
- Law degree in Shipping or Trade
- Full UK driving licence.
Integrity. Client focus. Respect. Excellence. Teamwork.
Our core values dictate how we live and work. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients. A business that’s engaged in mutual trust and respect for its employees and partners. A place where colleagues perform at the highest levels. And a working environment that’s collaborative and supportive.
Diversity & Inclusion. At Chubb we consider our people our chief competitive advantage and as such we treat colleagues, candidates, clients, and business partners with equality, fairness and respect, regardless of their age, disability, race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or family circumstances.