Export Compliance Counsel
Successful applicant must be U.S. Citizen and have current Security Clearance.
- Lead, mentor and develop a small team of contract and compliance professionals responsible for company’s contracts with the U.S. Government and subcontracts with government prime contractors
- Strengthen and administer processes to ensure the company and all employees comply with export control regulations, oversee adherence with contractual flow-down obligations, and advise the company on effective ways to work with its overseas affiliates while adhering to its DCSA FOCI mitigations.
- Identify foundational and institutional challenges, building comprehensive initiatives to address those core issues, and ensuring accountability and transparency
- Serve as a bridge and strategic thought partner to the President as well as the Marine Legal & Compliance organization.
- Regularly review and maintain the effectiveness of the US export control and ITAR control environment
- Providing practical legal advice and support on international business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of US Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS) for export licensing application
- Working knowledge of US Department of Commerce’s Simplified Network Application Process-Revised (SNAP-R) for export licensing application
- Knowledge and skill in using computer software, including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint, One Note and SharePoint
- Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
Education & Experience:
- J.D. and membership in a U.S. State Bar, preferably in Virginia
- Substantive exposure to & understanding of U.S. export control regulations (ITAR, EAR); Good understanding of the FARs and DFARs
- Must have solid legal experience in government contracts and grants, including R&D funded activities; knowledge of the legal issues involved in cost accounting and other transaction authorities (OTAs) is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience, preferably in-house at a U.S. defense subcontractor, DOD or the Department of the Navy
- Experience with regulations governing FOCI mitigated companies (DCSA SSAs, AOPs) a plus.
- Must be U.S. Citizen, and have current Security Clearance
- Prior management experience a plus.
Company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer; M/F/Disability/Veteran.