Our client is seeking a Marine Engineer with a background in marine machinery/mechanics for their office in Haan, Germany. This is a terrific opportunity to build a career with one of the world's premier classification societies.
- Visits equipment manufacturers and materials suppliers;
- Prepares technical reports;
- Work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in area of technical expertise.
- A degree or recognized equivalent in appropriate technical discipline in materials or mechanical engineering;
- Experience working with marine equipment manufacturers would be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of Class Rules, Guides, statutory regulations preferable;
- Ability to read engineering plans;
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format;
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities;
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery would be an advantage;
- Ability to work well with others;
- FLUENCY IN ENGLISH AND GERMAN ESSENTIAL;
- Current working entitlement for the EU.