Our client is seeking a Marine Engineer with a background in marine machinery/mechanics for their office in Haan, Germany. This is a terrific opportunity to build a career with one of the world's premier classification societies.
- Visits equipment manufacturers and materials suppliers.
- Prepares technical reports.
- Work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems in area of technical expertise.
- A degree or recognized equivalent in appropriate technical discipline in materials or mechanical engineering.
- Experience working with marine equipment manufacturers would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Class Rules, Guides, statutory regulations would be an advantage.
- Ability to read engineering plans.
- Ability to perform surveys in the prescribed format.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs or software packages related to job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of ships' engineering systems and machinery would be an advantage.
- Ability to work well with others.
- FLUENCY IN ENGLISH AND GERMAN.
- Current working entitlement for the EU.