Our client is an international ship manager, due to business expansion they are looking for a Vessel IT Support Officer to join the team.
In this position, you will be involved in:
- Dealing with operational problems arising during the daily running of communications and computer systems onboard vessels; Problem determination and resolution of issues reported by vessels experiencing hardware or operational problems.
- Proactive Maintenance of existing equipment, hardware including networking equipment.
- First line troubleshooting of communication issues and escalation to service providers.
- Installation and configuration of new equipment (e.g. Servers, Firewalls, Switches, PCs, printers, etc.)
- Managing helpdesk tickets and completing tasks allocated from the Helpdesk system.
- Carry out cybersecurity audits, assessment and implement risk mitigation measures.
- Respond to cybersecurity incidents reported by vessels and resolve and/or escalate as required.
- System health checks.
- Maintaining records of systems & vessels supported.
- Communication of completed work
- Email / Phone support during weekends / public holidays
- Any other tasks assigned by the Team Lead – Vessel Support, IT
- Operations Manager and Group IS Support Manager
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Good understanding of hardware such as desktops, laptops, printers, and serves
Good understanding of software such as Windows 10 operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory Administration, Microsoft Exchange, etc
- A diploma or a degree in Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Server and PC operating systems and networking including the basic configuration of switches and routers.
- Understanding of Marine satellite Communications systems
- Experience in frontline support of IT systems
- Capable of working in a customer focused environment
- Familiarity or experience with shipboard communication and IT systems
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.