Our client, an international leader in the movement of bulk liquids and and refined products, is looking for an experienced Tanker Operator to join their existing team in Houston. In this role, you will utilize and leverage your previous commercial ops experience to coordinate activities with owners, traders, and brokers. You must be comfortable working multiple projects at once to ensure that all voyage orders are being met and the terms of the charter party agreements are being satisfied. We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelors degree, maritime academy preferred
- Sailing time on tankers preferred
- 5-10 years previous tanker operations experience required, must have experience taking financial responsibility for the voyage
- Effective communicator, interacting with shipboard officers, office personal, agents, bunker brokers,etc
- Able to work well within a small working team with little supervision, comfortable managing multiple voyages simultaneously
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US, no Visa or sponsorship opportunities at this time
In return for the above, our client offers an excellent base salary, great benefits, paid vacation and generous bonus potential. If you are an experienced commercial tanker operator that wishes to join a dynamic company who values their employees, this is a great opportunity for you.