- Prime mover in monitoring company’s carbon emission data including alignment of Carbon intensity indicator with Poseidon Principles & Sea cargo charter requirements.
- Evaluation, monitoring and submission of emission data for EU MRV and IMO DCS requirements.
- Voyage optimization.
- Hull and machinery performance analysis.
- Prime mover in improving company’s Energy Efficiency including management of energy audits across the fleet of ships.
- Willing to work with technical superintendents, fleet managers and external partners to continuously monitor, evaluate and strategize the fuel consumption optimization and decarbonization plan of the company.
- Willing to work with chosen partners such as classification society, voyage optimization software vendors and hull performance analysts.
- Collate & analyse performance reports highlighting the areas of improvement. Identify, lead and implement innovative projects to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Submit annual report of GHG Emission.
- Develop and deploy PCL Fleet Performance Management Centre and drive operation efficiencies, reliability and cost savings projects in partnership with various functions.
- Support PCL performance management team in driving key performance drivers and achieving various corporate targets (Cost Reductions, Fuel efficiencies, Improved customer service etc)
- Identify new projects and LEAN practitioners in order to accelerate PCL’s CI efforts.
- Support PCL in the development and implementation of PCL’s Continuous Improvement
- Work with functional teams to understand their business needs, map process flows and to improve efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Contribute to KSL’s staff engagement efforts representing and leading PCL.
- Provide regular content feeds to PCL corporate website for training purposes.
- Lead and support on various PCL wide corporate projects as part of the Business Transformation team.
- Provide critical support to the Head of Corporate Projects & Business Transformation by monitoring and reporting on performance; against objectives, ensuring adherence to company project management standards, and identifying gaps in and proposing alternatives to operational plans.
- Analysing trends and performance of fleet and report to senior management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical/Maritime qualifications with seagoing experience preferred.
- Class 1 COC for Marine Engineering/Nautical with relevant office experience preferred.
- Applicants from Maritime, Transportation, Logistics or Finance industries will be accorded priority.
- Technologically competent with proficiency in applications and software that are commonly used in business settings, Microsoft Office suite and Visio are mandatory.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation skills, time management, and quantitative/analytical skills. Ability to collaborate and partner across functions within a matrix organization.
- Project Management skills.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Pro-active, willingness to learn and committed to work.
- Team player.
- Good computer knowledge.
Education and Key Certifications necessary
- Candidate must be a Marine engineer or a Naval architect.