Vice President - Engineering - Tampa, FL
This position is responsible for the engineering management of a fleet of tugs and associated personnel. The VP will be responsible to ensure vessel compliance with all regulatory and company standards.
This is a hands on leadership role. The ideal candidate will be as comfortable managing the administrative duties as they are with getting hands on managing the engineering equipment.
- Manage port engineers and M&R policies
- Manager vessel preventative maintenance program
- Prepare scope of all yard periods and repair activities
- Manage vendor process - review quotes, selection, oversight
- Develop and manage operational budgets
- Supervise vessel engineers - hiring, retention
- On call to respond to engineering issues
Desired skills and experience:
- Time at sea on a senior engineering license
- 5+ years ashore managing a fleet of vessels
- Experience with tugs and similar type vessels is a plus
- University degree is relevant field is a plus
- Ability to lead, manage, and contribute to a team