Vice President - Maintenance and Repair - Long Island, NY
The VP of M&R will be responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of a fleet of vessels.
- Manage daily technical and engineering operations of a fleet of vessels
- Daily reviews of NS5 maintenance system to ensure all vessels and information is current
- Responsible maintenance NS5 Nautical System
- Manage vendors for orders and repairs as required by vessel supervisors
- Manage POs in the NS5 system including input
- Maintains budget information and provides monthly recaps of actual vs. budget expenditures for annual and shipyard expenditures for the fleet.
- Attends vessels during shipyard periods to review progress of repairs and budget status.
- Functions as a Vessel Supervisor for assigned group of vessels
- Serves as a member of the incident response team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years of sailing experience or equivalent shore side Maritime experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Computer Proficiency in MS Office - NS5 a plus
- Detail Oriented and able to manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing a Jones Act fleet