Vice President – Marine
Directs and coordinates activities of vessel management, marine purchasing, and project management as assigned. Aids the President in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives safety culture.
- Operational executive focused on the safe and reliable operation of Containerships, LNG Powered.
- Responsible executive for managed Customer fleet and recommends new procedures or corrective measures to be implemented by each department to accomplish corporate and customer goals and objectives.
- Directs LNG related business development activities related to project consulting, conversions, and other opportunities for LNG assets
- Provides direction and guidance to lower-level managerial, professional and technical personnel.
- Assists company with the oversight of LNG Barge.
- Participates in formulating and developing long range goals, objectives and budgets.
- Develops and installs procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow.
- Establishes business unit operating policies consistent with the President’s broad policies and objectives and ensures their execution.
- Evaluates the results of overall business unit operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the President.
- Maintains close contact with customer representatives to identify and respond to customer requests; ensures that potential sources of difficulty are made known to President.
- Ensures that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Ensures that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Directs and coordinates activities of all departments for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives, ensuring safe, efficient and economical administration of company operation.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, business operations, and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the President to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Assists in directing the business development process and establishing pricing for new solicitations.
- Acts as quality system executive representative.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master's degree (M. A.), MBA or equivalent; or ten years related management experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Master's License, unlimited tonnage or Chief Engineer's License or equivalent military experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Proficient knowledge of containerships, Ro/Ro vessels, tankers, other commercial vessels, and government vessels.
Knowledge of maritime industry laws and USCG regulations and/or procedures concerning safety, anti-pollution, salvage and vessel classification.