VP of Business Development / Sales - Liquid Barges
US Gulf / US Mid-South (can work remotely)
Inland Marine / Tug & Barge / Liquid transport / Brown water
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the President
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies in support of the organization’s long-term business objectives.
- Manage and grow customer exposure, relationships and revenues.
- Expand Key Customer exposure with petrochemical and refining companies.
- Maximize contract values and company strength within the energy sector.
- Performs the sales activity for the client on assigned accounts through ongoing personal contact.
- Responsible for evaluating performance to our customers to ensure their needs are being met and the commitment by shipper is occurring.
- Implements and executes strategic sales and marketing plans to achieve management objectives
- Takes control and resolves customer issues utilizing all areas of our organization.
- Provides verbal and written input and feedback on accounts / business development opportunities to the executive leadership team.
- Oversees and lead KPI tracking and presentation to customer, as assigned. Utilizes all other sales and marketing tools and systems.
- Maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all related communication channels, promotional materials, and events.
- Complies with company safety, regulatory, and other compliance policies.
- B.S. in Business or a related field (Master's degree is a plus)
- 10-15 years of experience in a Senior sales and marketing role within the petrochemical industry is preferred.
- Proven track record of capturing business in the tank barge industry with an owner/operator
- Ability to lead a team and identify talent to assist in company growth
- Direct contacts and relationships with decision makers at oil majors