Vice President - Safety and Vetting
New York area
Our client is seeking an experienced leader with proven maritime safety and vetting experience. This high profile role requires proven leadership and operational know how.
- Develop, monitor, and lead corporate-wide implementation of health, safety, and security compliance management systems
- Help identify system deficiencies and implement corrective actions
- Support and advocate a culture of safety and compliance
- Develop training materials for corporate-wide implementation
- Ensure compliance with Quality Management and Safety Management Systems
- Ensure document retention policy is applied corporate-wide as applies to health & safety management system
- Incident response and investigation as required
- Oversee monthly vessel visits to ensure that all vessels are maintained to safety and maintenance policies
- Ensure policies and practices comply with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Lead and present quarterly safety meetings
- Liaise with USCG, Class, and all regulatory bodies and officials
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree marine engineering/transportation or related field
- 10+ years of leadership experience with safety and vetting in a marine environment
- Time at sea on a senior license is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of regulations impacting the bulk transportation of liquids
- Excellent knowledge of maritime industry best practices and standards
- Thorough understanding of HSE regime rules, regulations and all applicable laws and standards - ISM / MARPOL / etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.