We are currently looking to fill a growth-oriented role for a multi-purpose marine cargo terminal in Central Connecticut. Our client delivers salt, scrap metal, heating oil, asphalt, and other dry/liquid bulk cargo to the US Northeast region.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong business acumen to help grow the trucking division as well as an operations background in trucking/logistics, local (NY/CT) DOT regulations as well as a strong safety culture background.
- Review existing routes, developing an ability to maximize revenue/profits
- Develop and implement marketing and development plans to grow the business organically and strategically
- Identify new market opportunities
- Maintain customer service satisfaction throughout the network
- Coordinate with other managers/operations on vertical integration opportunities
- Maintain and improve safety standards throughout the business unit
- Utilize technology to the business units greatest ability
- Participate with industry organizations for greatest network ability
- Financial P&L experience
- Transportation/Logistics management with a small to medium carrier
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Transportation/ Logistics preferred.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and deadline-focused
- Must value precision, be able to provide clear and concise communication, and deliver quality work in a timely manner.
- Must have strong customer service and relations experience.
- Experience with FMCSA and DOT regulations
- Mechanical acuity (Maintenance and Repair)