VP -MARINE TECHNICAL – South Florida
Our client, a successful ship owner/ operator, is looking for a Driven marine engineer to direct engine room and deckside machinery repair, maintenance, preventive maintenance, refurbishment, and upgrades of assigned vessel(s). We are looking for someone with sailing experience as 1st Engineer or Chief Engineer on Tankers, and / or Bulkers with 3-5 years of previous shoreside experience as a Port Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, or similar. Our client is willing to facilitate a career advancement opportunity for someone desiring a more challenging and responsible role.
- Directs daily operations of all equipment and engineering personnel for assigned vessel(s).
- Attends vessels frequently to become highly familiar with their condition.
- Reviews ship’s maintenance records and recommends improvements in maintenance cycles.
- Provides visual inspections, technical preparations, and budgeting of maintenance and repair.
- Plans equipment change out operations and directs engineering personnel during.
- Oversees vessel’s engine and deck equipment inventory control and purchasing software systems alongside the System Administrator and Technical Purchasing Manager.
- Performs monthly comparisons of budgets to actual costs incurred and submits any needed modifications to VP of Marine Operations.
- Periodically evaluates personnel, recommends ongoing training, and works collaboratively with VP of Marine Operations regarding promotions, hiring, and future succession planning.
- Directs Technical Purchasing staff to ensure accurate, quality, timely purchase requisitions.
- Participates in planning technical budgets, capital improvement programs, dry-dock operations.
Keys: Cruise, Tankers, Bulkers, DNVGL, Rina, LR, ABS, Marine Engineering, Maritime, Flagship, Shipping, Maritime Academy. Director Marine Technical,
DIRECTOR -MARINE TECHNICAL
- Bachelor Degree from a Maritime Academy in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- USCG 1st or Chief Engineer’s License, Unlimited Horsepower.
- 5+ years sailing Tankers, Bulkers,Ro/Ro, and/or Cruise.
- Must have management experience.
- 3+ years shoreside experience (i.e. Port Engineer/Fleet Engineer, Technical Superintendent, Technical Manager, Technical Director or similar).
- Experience liaising with Class Societies and regulatory bodies; IMO/ILO/Flag State/Port State/USCG.
- Travel up to 30% including extended periods for drydocks.
- Able to legally work in the USA.