VICE PRESIDENT - HSSQE
Reporting to the President, this role is responsible for providing a strong, pragmatic voice in the ongoing quest to reduce and virtually eliminate HSSQE risks and hazards from the business. Accountable for HSSQE leadership and functional guidance for each operational division including harbor services and regional towing. Must collaborate with business leaders, proactively propose recommendations to emerging issues, and seek out creative solutions to serve the business and keep it, all employees, the customers and community safe.
SPHERE OF RESPONSIBILITY
With the President and Leadership Team, establish the HSSQE vision, and work relentlessly to see this vision activated in the culture, every day, in every region. Provide guidance and ensure compliance with all applicable occupational safety and environment regulations and standards. Develop, implement, steward, and continuously improve strategies and tactics aimed at preventing injuries and environmental incidents. Work with the leadership of each division to understand the business, diagnose potential HSSQE risks, and jointly develop plans to address.
Knowledge of the maritime and/or transportation industry required. Demonstrated experience in developing and executing successful HSSQE strategies. Exceptional leadership skills. Outstanding business acumen, HSSQE management, and strategic thinking. Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
- Industrial HSSQE programs, including ISO/ISM, and best practices.
- Wide range of maritime regulations both on a federal, state and local port level.
- Marine operations and general maritime industry knowledge including blue and green water companies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree. MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years HSSQE and/or maritime experience at senior leadership level.
- Working knowledge of marine transportation required.
- Proven experience working in a strong safety culture with zero injury goals.
- Supervisory experience required.