Vice President of Human Resources, Houston, TX
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as food service, transportation, or relocation service.
- Provides strong visible commitment, leadership and personal involvement in health, safety and the environment and makes available the resources necessary to achieve our HSE objectives
- Performs other duties as required
- BS/BA degree required
- SPHR preferred
- Experience within the maritime/shipping sector preferred
- 10+ years in Human Resource Management