Oversee all breakbulk yard and warehouse operations and will actively lead safety, cost control and prioritize day-to- day activities.
- Advocates for proper safety through communication, administration, and compliance with all safety, operating, environmental and business procedures/standards, policies and management directives
- Support operational changes
- Champion safety culture
- Oversee Warehouse and yard operations performance
- Work with the Terminal Operating System
- Solid understanding of break bulk cargo/metals/coils/steel plate storage and handling with the ability to calculate lifting and storage capacity
- Work closely with terminal employees to ensure product transfers/deliveries are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Develop, maintain and improve reporting as it relates to key terminal KPIs
- Develops skills of workers to stimulate a stronger/safer labor force
- Promotes teamwork and communication throughout the operation
- Strengthens local ties and works with federal, state and local officials in a professional manner
- Studies stow plans to define sequence of loading operations, taking into consideration cargo space available, shipping instructions, and knowledge of cargo stowage
- Allocates personnel, and equipment required for all operations
- Track and report regularly on operational performance against expectations; investigate and resolve key variances.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ experience in warehouse / breakbulk operations including employee supervision
- Experience in dry-bulk and breakbulk cargo terminal operations preferred
- Ability to respond to issues quickly, safely and effectively in a fast-paced, stressful operating environment
- Self- starter with leadership, communication, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license and TWIC or ability to obtain a TWIC required
- Must meet “fit for duty” requirements upon job offer (pre-employment physical and drug test)
- The employee must meet physical requirements including but not limited to, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing up/down ladders and stairs, negotiating uneven and moving surfaces
- Must be physically fit enough to pull heavy lines/hoses, lift, carry heavy items, climb onto barges and up and down ladders.
- Must be able to work in difficult conditions with exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, wind, heat, etc.)
- Must be comfortable working aboard boats using heavy lines, winches, and mechanical tools for repairs
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work at protected heights up to 160 feet.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please be able to work legally in the United States.
Successful candidates will be asked to undergo a background check and pre-employment drug screen.