The Palm Beach Administrator will have the ability to perform a variety of clerical tasks in the area of of technical operations and refit project support, as well as supporting the crew and marketing departments when needed. Familiarity with a yachts and the yachting in industry is a must, and comfort in a shipyard environment is a plus. Necessary skills include strong organizational skills, problem solving, and strong verbal communication. Reporting is an imperative part of this position, so understanding how to prepare financial and written reports is also needed. Moderate to intermediate software skills are required.
- Attends meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Copy, scan, distribute and file paperwork including vendor, client and accounting files.
- Performs data entry and document control using Excel and our in-house filing system.
- Track budgets and compile vendor quotes vs. agreed budgets.
- Assist with preparing correspondence including memos, forms and edit reports using Word and
- Assist with special projects and tasks as needed.
- Maintain technical department calendar and and monitor team schedules and client allocations;
monitor timesheets for project billing.
Crew and Marketing Assistance:
- Assist Crew Placement Specialist with Palm Beach marina visits and crew interaction; promote HRCrew training offerings.
- Interacting with visiting yachts to promote company services.
- Promoting company services to inter-related private companies.
- Assist with advertising and key marketing projects.
- Distribution of marketing materials.
- Responsible for maintaining and ordering inventory of supplies, keeping office stocked, organized and in good working order.
- Trouble shoot and arrange IT assistance when needed.
Education and Training Requirements
Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree or similar experience preferred.
Valid Driver’s License Current Passport
- 1+ Years Industry Specific Experience required.
- Additional experience in similar administrative-type position; experience working aboard a yacht is beneficial. Personal Attributes and Skills
- Bilingual (English/French/Spanish) beneficial, but not required.
- Friendly and approachable; excellent presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with an attitude of teamwork.
- Familiarity with shipyards and marinas; life on board yachts.