Lundin abandons well offshore Malaysia

Lundin abandons well offshore Malaysia

Sweden’s Lundin Petroleum has announced that its wholly owned subsidiary Lundin Malaysia has completed work on the Selada-1 exploration well in Block PM308A, offshore Malaysia. The well was dry and has been plugged and abandoned.

The well was targeting hydrocarbons in Miocene aged sands about 14km to the south of the Bertam field operated by Lundin Malaysia. Selada-1 was drilled with the West Prospero jackup rig.

Lundin Malaysia holds 75 percent working interest in PM308A, the remaining 25 percent is held by Petronas.

Jason Jiang

Jason is one of the most prolific writers on the diverse China shipping & logistics industry and his access to the major maritime players with business in China has proved an invaluable source of exclusives. Having been working at Asia Shipping Media since inception, Jason is the chief correspondent of Splash and associate editor of Maritime CEO magazine. Previously he had written for a host of titles including Supply Chain Asia, Cargo Facts and Air Cargo Week.

Related Posts