Singapore: With the final Maritime CEO magazine of the year approaching today we kick off our regular online voting section, results of which will appear on the back page of the magazine.
For this vote we cast around the Maritime CEO website as well as its sister titles around the world looking for interesting themes for questions. Below you can see the questions with links to the original news stories that inspired the questions (apart from question five, which we regret to inform does not involve real money), while the link for the actual poll is at the bottom of page.
1. Does the recent Suez boxship collision – and many others like it – bolster or hinder the argument for unmanned ships?
2. Should all ships have proper connectivity for all seafarers?
3. Is the current supply/demand imbalance the new normal?
4. Is there an actual need for the new Nicaragua Canal?
5. Maritime CEO gives you a metaphorical $100m to invest in shipping. What do you buy into?
6. Is the supersizing of ships seen in the container and dry bulk trades good for shipping?
The poll requires no registration, is free to fill in and takes as little as two minutes of your time. We especially appreciate readers’ comments too – at each question you have the opportunity to leave a comment, please do!
To access the poll, click here. [01/10/14]