After two of its tankers were hit by suspected explosive devices on Sunday off Fujairah, Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil and gas company by revenue, said Tuesday it had suffered an attack by armed drones, forcing it to temporarily shut down one of its pipelines.
Saudi Aramco officials responded to a fire at East West Pipeline pump station 8, which the company stated was caused by a “sabotage incident” using armed drones.
No injuries or fatalities have been reported.
Saudi Arabia’s energy minister Khalid al-Falih said today Yemen’s Houthis were to blame for the “limited” attack.
On Sunday two Saudi tankers belonging to Aramco’s Bahri were among four ships hit by explosive devices, sparking security concerns around the port and the key Strait of Hormuz.
We're not going to draw any conclusions whatsoever because it's still too early, but this image of the #ARAMCOPumpStation8 was captured 3 hours after the purported drone attack this morning. No smoke. All we see are 2 black spots that weren't there previously. #OOTT #Saudi pic.twitter.com/fpaWJNqKE3
— TankerTrackers.com, Inc.⚓️? (@TankerTrackers) May 14, 2019