Seabed Geosolutions awarded Red Sea survey contract

Seabed Geosolutions awarded Red Sea survey contract

Seabed Geosolutions and its partner in the Middle East ARGAS have been awarded a 3D ocean bottom node survey by Saudi Aramco in the Red Sea.

The project will require the acquisition and processing of high quality 3D data over a large area in various water depths.

The surveys are scheduled to commence early 2019.

“We are very pleased to partner with ARGAS in order to provide services to Saudi Aramco on this high profile project using our best-in-class nodes and deployment technologies. This latest contract demonstrates Saudi Aramco’s continued confidence in both ARGAS and Seabed and further strengthens our long-standing technology partnership. ARGAS, Seabed’s long-term partner in the region, was instrumental in securing this important contract award. Seabed’s technologies and ARGAS’ proven operational track record in the Kingdom are a powerful combination and will result in a successful execution of this project,” said Stephan Midenet, CEO of Seabed.

Seabed is 60% owned by Fugro, and the remaining 40% owned by CGG.

Jason Jiang

Jason is one of the most prolific writers on the diverse China shipping & logistics industry and his access to the major maritime players with business in China has proved an invaluable source of exclusives. Having been working at Asia Shipping Media since inception, Jason is the chief correspondent of Splash and associate editor of Maritime CEO magazine. Previously he had written for a host of titles including Supply Chain Asia, Cargo Facts and Air Cargo Week.

Related Posts