EuropeOffshore

Shell awards North Sea survey contract to Fugro

Shell has contracted Fugro to carry out site survey works over the Pensacola prospect in the North Sea in preparation for the drilling of an exploration well, Deltic Energy a joint venture partner of licence P2252 said on Monday.

The geophysical and geotechnical surveys are expected to commence at the end of July 2021 and be completed in Q3 2021.

“The commissioning of the site survey is a key part of the well planning process and represents an important milestone as the joint venture continues the preparatory works required in advance of the drilling of the high impact exploration well on the Pensacola prospect,” said Graham Swindells, chief executive of Deltic.

The P2252 licence contains the Pensacola prospect, located northwest of the Breagh gas field. Shell is the operator with 70%, while Deltic Energy holds the remaining 30%.

Adis Ajdin

Adis is an experienced news reporter with a backgroud in finance, media and education. He has written across the spectrum of offshore energy and ocean industries for many years and is a member of International Federation of Journalists. Previously he had written for Navingo media group titles including Offshore Energy, Subsea World News and Marine Energy.
Back to top button