Shell’s successful Malaysian exploration

Kuala Lumpur: Shell has announced further exploration success in Malaysia with another gas discovery at the Shell-operated deepwater Marjoram-1 well.

“Our strategy to expand our heartland areas through technologically advanced exploration is delivering tangible success in deepwater in Malaysia,” said Andrew Brown, Shell Upstream International Director.

“We have a long history in the region, and the addition of new natural gas resources this year ensures we are able to continue to provide cost-effective, reliable, cleaner energy options for the future.”

The Marjoram-1 well is located 180 km off the Malaysia coast in Block SK318, in 800 mof water. Earlier this year, Shell announced the Rosmari-1 gas discovery, also in this block.

Block SK318 is operated by Shell with an 85% interest, with the remaining 15% held by Petronas.  [27/08/14]

Back to top button