Two new vessels in at Tufton Oceanic Assets

Two new vessels in at Tufton Oceanic Assets

Tufton Oceanic Assets has announced the acquisition of a handysize bulker and a 75% interest in an LPG carrier.

Tufton Oceanic paid $10m for the handysize, which will be operating in a bulker pool, becoming the only vessel owned by the company operating in the spot market.

The LPG carrier, for which the 75% stake cost $21.75m, will go on a seven-year bareboat charter to a leading gas shipping operator who holds the remaining 25% interest in the vessel.

Tufton Oceanic has made six investments since it IPO at the end of last year, investing around 83% of the IPO proceeds.

Grant Rowles

Grant spent nine years at Informa Group based in London, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore. He gained strong management experience in publishing, conferences and awards schemes in the shipping and legal areas, working on a number of titles including Lloyd's List. In 2009 Grant joined Seatrade responsible for the commercial development of Seatrade’s Asia products. In 2012, with Sam Chambers, he co-founded Asia Shipping Media.

Related Posts