Upgraded Buckeye Texas Hub terminal dispatches its first suezmax

Upgraded Buckeye Texas Hub terminal dispatches its first suezmax

Houston, Texas-based midstream oil company Buckeye Partners has announced the first export of crude in a suezmax tanker from its majority-owned terminal in Corpus Christi, Texas, according to Reuters.

Buckeye Partners has an 80% stake in the Buckeye Texas Hub terminal with the other 20% held by collaborator Trafigura, a Singaporean multinational commodity trading firm.

The shipment, which departed last Saturday (March 31) but which Buckeye just announced, was made possible by the completion of modifications to the deep-water docks at the terminal, enabling it to accommodate large tankers.

In this case the landmark one million barrels cargo was on the 2002-built Astra, a suezmax operating in Heidmar’s Blue Fin pool.

Donal Scully

With 28 years experience writing and editing for newspapers in the UK and Hong Kong, Donal is now based in California from where he covers the Americas for Splash as well as ensuring the site is loaded through the Western Hemisphere timezone.

Related Posts

1 Comment

  1. Barry Parker
    April 10, 2018 at 5:38 am

    My BPL partner units are still languishing below $40/unit. Hopefully, the prospect of more export action from Corpus Christi might attract the attention of investors and boost the value of my (not great) investment.