AmericasOffshore

YPF and Statoil team up to study possible drilling sites off Argentina

Argentinian energy company Yacimientos Petroliferos Fiscales (YPF) has signed a deal with Norwegian multinational Statoil to team up in studying potential drilling sites offshore Argentina’s Atlantic coast, according to Reuters.

YPF (whose full name means Fiscal Oilfields in English) plans to perform seismic tests in the continental slope where water depths vary between 500m and 3,500m.

The companies believe that some of the most promising prospects are in the Salado Basin, the Colorado Basin and the Argentine Basin.

YPF is a 51% nationalized company (with the other 49% held by ten provincial governments) and Norway’s government has a controlling interest in Stavanger-based Statoil.

Tags

Donal Scully

With 28 years experience writing and editing for newspapers in the UK and Hong Kong, Donal is now based in California from where he covers the Americas for Splash as well as ensuring the site is loaded through the Western Hemisphere timezone.
Back to top button
Close
Close