AmericasAsiaEuropePorts and Logistics

MSC in talks to take Hanjin’s Long Beach terminal stake

Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) is in discussions with troubled Hanjin Shipping to buy the Korean’s stake in a box terminal at Long Beach in California.

Hanjin Shipping owns 54% of Total Terminals International, with MSC owning the remaining 46%.

As Hanjin rushes to try and save itself ahead of a court-imposed deadline of December 19 to submit its rehabilitation plan, plenty of other assets are up for sale including its transpacific operations, five 13,000 teu ships, and another terminal in Spain.

Tags

Sam Chambers

Starting out with the Informa Group in 2000 in Hong Kong, Sam Chambers became editor of Maritime Asia magazine as well as East Asia Editor for the world’s oldest newspaper, Lloyd’s List. In 2005 he pursued a freelance career and wrote for a variety of titles including taking on the role of Asia Editor at Seatrade magazine and China correspondent for Supply Chain Asia. His work has also appeared in The Economist, The New York Times, The Sunday Times and The International Herald Tribune.
Back to top button
Close
Close