Pelita Samudera Shipping snaps up handysize bulker from IMC

Pelita Samudera Shipping snaps up handysize bulker from IMC

Indonesian coal shipping and logistics company Pelita Samudera Shipping (PSS) has grown its fleet to a total of six bulkers with the acquisition of 2008-built handysize bulker Maritime Coaction.

PSS has paid Singapore’s IMC $7.525m for the vessel, settling 20% of the amount in cash and the remaining 80% in PSS shares. VesselsValue places a market value on the ship of $7.62m.

The Indonesian company says the vessel has been brought in with potential customers already in mind, one of which is for transportation of coal and clinker.

PSS says that it is also planning to acquire two tugs and two barges, having already grown its fleet substantially in 2019. It currently owns a bulker fleet made up of two supramax and three handysize bulkers.

Grant Rowles

Grant spent nine years at Informa Group based in London, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore. He gained strong management experience in publishing, conferences and awards schemes in the shipping and legal areas, working on a number of titles including Lloyd's List. In 2009 Grant joined Seatrade responsible for the commercial development of Seatrade’s Asia products. In 2012, with Sam Chambers, he co-founded Asia Shipping Media.

Related Posts